1. March Madness Anyone? We are huge fans of the tournament around here, even taking over our entire living room for the wall of integrity. Yesterday was an terrible day for my picks, hopefully I can redeem myself today. This is the only time I watch basketball, except for the occasional NC State game so obviously I'm an expert when it comes to choosing the winners.
2. We bought some paint samples for our house exterior this week, we have been wanting to get this house painted since moving in almost a year ago - can't wait for that. Of course now I think the pollen is going to postpone the painting for a few more weeks but we have a ton of prep work to get to in the meantime. More on that next week.
3. We are right in the middle of our Crazy Love study. God has challenged us throughout this study and its been awesome. This week we looked at giving leftovers to God with our time, money, giving, prayer, worship and life. We read the parable of the sower and had asked the question - which soil are you? We looked at Malachi 1 and learned how God feels about us treating Him as an afterthought. This was probably the toughest week so far as it really challenged us and how we live. Our last question of the week was: If you find yourself living an apathetic, lukewarm life - what are some things you can do to change and increase your love for God? Here were some great answers: Serve - this could be something as simple as giving someone a ride but serve someone every single day. Give generously - this brings about joy in our hearts. Pray for your enemies, put others before yourself, forgive someone, talk to someone about what God has done in your life, confess and repent of sin, let go of something. All of these things will bring about a change in your heart, allow you to learn about God, grow closer to Him and increase your love for Him. One of my favorite quotes of the week: "It's not about us being perfect in ourselves; it's about adopting a posture of obedience where we let go of everything we have and joyfully cling to God. Though we fail, our passion, love and commitment to God are never in question."
4. All of a sudden it's 85 degrees, what just happened? This is not a complaint, I really love the spring and summer.
5. One of the weirdest things ever happened this week - Silas went to sleep. Ok, I know it's not the weirdest thing ever but if you know Silas you know he is anti-sleep, will fight it to the end and has an overabundance in energy. One day this week I noticed it had gotten quiet, really quiet and when I looked over at Silas he was fast asleep on the floor. My mind is still blown from this event.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!