|Bonus tip, always remember to stop your drain so you don't|
lose your screws and such down the drain.
The first thing we did was to determine which fuse belonged to the bathroom so we could get the electricity turned off while Justin worked. This was actually more time consuming than originally thought, it took us going through the fuses 3 times before we figured out which one it was - partly because we had unscrewed all of the bulbs in the bathroom first and had no light to go by. Hey, we are rookie remodelers remember? We did eventually find it and got the electricity off.
|This is a nice picture of the collection of dust on our old fixture.|
|This is our old light fixture but you can see the different colored wires here.|
|This is Justin working on the ground wire - you can see from comparing to the picture above the difference in fixture straps - the new one has an extra swivel strap for adjustment.|
The last piece to install was the actual light fixture base, which was simply screwed into place.
After everything was installed we popped in some light bulbs, turned the electrical fuse back on and enjoyed our $10 light upgrade.
This project was actually pretty easy to do and I am liking the added elegance this new light has added to our bathroom. It has really stepped up the class in there. I guess I should add that before we moved into our house we had a licensed electrician go through our entire house and address any issues we had - so we knew going into this project that everything was properly wired and functional before starting. Now that we have this new light we are feeling pretty fancy and we will be on the hunt for more lighting updates in the future.
So here is the before and after on our little diy light fixture upgrade project:
Thanks for joining us today, remember to vote for us at picket fence by clicking on the button on the sidebar, you guys are the best!