This was before we did anything to the bathroom-
Washers - this was my idea. I'm not sure why this came to mind and I wasn't sure if it would even work but I went with it.
I decided to take normal cheap washers - the kind you get at any hardware store and "glue" them to the mirror frame using liquid nails bonding adhesive - another common cheap product found at any local hardware store. So here was my method -
Using my caulking gun I applied a small amount of liquid nails to the back of a washer and then smoothed it around with a cotton swab to cover the part of the washer that would stick to the mirror edge. Don't let me fool you, this was a messy job and took a lot of cotton swabs and paper towels. -Messy but effective.
Then I just went to town gluing my washers down.
I had to check about every 5 or 6 washers to make sure they were laying straight and level - checking at every angle. This actually went pretty easily and quickly. I was done in less than an hour with this part.
After I had finished gluing all of my washers down I decided I wanted to paint it white. I let the mirror dry for 2 days before I even touched it - I did check every now and again during the first few hours to make sure none of my washers had moved or were uneven looking. After a good two days of drying it was ready to be primed and painted.
I just used spray primer - 2 coats and then 2 coats of white spray paint.
A quick re-install and I was done. I have to say I love it. The liquid nails dried really well and it's totally easy to open and close for cabinet storage just like before. This mirror is now a focal point in the bathroom instead of an eye sore.
For less than $20 I have a new cute mirror that still has all of the function we had before - score.
Thanks so much for joining us today, have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to enter our giveaway - just a couple more days before the winner is announced!