1. First step was to putty in all the unwanted holes (I'm a fast learner)
2. After the putty was dry (actually it never dried bc I Justin bought some kind of weird putty, but it worked all the same) It was sanded and cleaned to remove all of the dustiness.
3. Next I just used a roller to paint the body and drawers of the dresser and a smaller brush to paint over the smaller details - I did two coats altogether
|Yes, I will confess that I never use a drop cloth while painting - I know, I'm living on the wild side.|
4. I decided to add some color so I used some left over paint from the wall color and applied it with a edging brush and I also used a little paint from the gallon I bought for the bathroom that I haven't gotten to yet - this time I used a small sponge brush since I was painting a small area. I just free-handed the painting, no tape.
5. After all of the painting was finished I still felt like it needed a bit more so I pulled out some letters I had painted before he was born for his room and hot glued those babies on.
6. The last thing was the glass knobs that I had stolen from another dresser that we had previously gotten rid of - so free, free, free
I really love this little dresser now and it is so much fun giving junky pieces new life and purpose. For some reason this trash to treasure remake reminds me of the parable of the lost coin in Luke 15 (it's a stretch but bare with me) -
“Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
You see, there is rejoicing over us when we find our salvation in God, when we discover his grace and forgiveness and repent. Just like the tiny coin that was lost and found was such a treasure to the woman, we are precious treasures to be found in Christ. I want to leave you with one of my favorite song lyrics from a song by Andrew Peterson and I pray that everyone today will know the joy that is found in Christ when we are made into a new creation - His treasure.
So I find that all this time
Beneath the surface, I could shine
Like all the gold a king and queen could measure
See, even just a penny is a treasure
Linking Up Here: