Here's what I did:
First, I just cut out my feather shapes from the paint chips - these are totally free hand cutting, they are all different shapes and sizes and they are definitely not perfect but I kind of liked it that way.
Next I cut out a little bird shape from one of the slate colors I had - this time I did trace my bird shape on the back before cutting. But, once again it's nothing perfect. There was a white outline around the edge of the bird after it was cut out - so I just ran a black marker along the edge to make it look more uniform.
I drew some legs and cut out a little wing and then began arranging and gluing down my feathers.
Until I had my finished peacock...
And, I finally had something to use in my frame of old (remember this post).
So this -
Is now this -
I really like the finished product, it's by no means perfect and took very little skill but I love the colorful statement it makes.
It's actually not hanging up yet, but I love the way it connects everything in the bathroom (and you can see that I have not begun painting the rest of the area back there - (I'm hoping that will be a weekend project).
This was really a super easy project - anyone can do this - and it was free - win/win/win. Have a wonderful weekend!
Linking Up Here!